6 – 26 NOVEMBER, 2019
The mighty Mekong river is also called the “Mother of Rivers”. From its sources at 5.174m in the Himalaya it reaches the delta in Southern Vietnam after 4.909 km crossing 6 South East Asian countries. It is listed as a World Heritage site by Unesco.
The rally will take you through some of the most fascinating sightseeing in the world. From the hills of Mandalay and the British colonial town of Maymyo, all the way to the Yunnan province of China reaching the mountain town of Shangri-La, home of the largest Tibetan Monastery outside Tibet. Sightseeing includes quaint villages, and ethnic minorities, amazing rice terraces, gorges, canyons and towns like the historical Lijang and Dali.
Going down river to Laos and the World Heritage site of Luang Prabang and its golden temples, the jungle, cascades and waterfalls making our way across to Vietnam, its historical sites and beautiful beaches to finally reach Ho Chi Minh city and the river delta.
For more information, contact our office !
- TOTAL DAYS: 22 days (possible extension 28 days)
- RALLY DATES: 6 to 26 November, 2019 (Extension until December 2)
- RALLY MILEAGE: 5.192 km (possible extension up to 6.476 km)
- PLACES: Myanmar, China (Yunnan), Laos, Vietnam
- RALLY STARTS: Yangon, Myanmar
- RALLY ENDS: Hoi An, Vietnam (possible extension until Ho Chi Minh, Saigon)
- ACCESS: Via Yangon, Myanmar
- ROADS CONDITION: 90% Asphalt, 10% dirt but good roads. Amazing scenery guaranteed!
- CAR SHIPPING DATES: Mid-September 2019
- CARS: Pre-war - Vintage - Classic cars until 1973
- NUMBER OF CARS: Limited to 25 cars