September – October, 2019
The mighty Mekong River is also called the “Mother of Rivers”. From its sources at 5.174m in the Himalaya it reaches the delta in Southern Vietnam after 4.909 km crossing 6 South East Asian countries. It is listed as a World Heritage site by Unesco.
The Mekong Road Classic will take you through some of the most fascinating sightseeing in the world.
From the white sandy beaches of Danang and the Imperial city of Hue in Vietnam, you will be driving up along the river through the jungle, cascades and waterfalls of Laos all the way to the World Heritage site of Luang Prabang and its golden temples.
Crossing the border into the Yunnan province of China and reaching the mountain town of Shangri-La, home of the largest Tibetan Monastery outside Tibet. Sightseeing includes quaint villages, and ethnic minorities, gorges, canyons and towns like the historical Lijang and Dali.
Returning South, you will drive through amazing valleys of rice terraces both in China and in Sapa, Vietnam. After 21 days of magn cent driving, the rally will end in Hanoi.
For more information, contact our office !
- TOTAL DAYS: 21 days
- RALLY DATES: September - October, 2019 (Extension until December 2)
- RALLY MILEAGE: 4.925 km
- PLACES: China (Yunnan), Laos, Vietnam
- RALLY STARTS: Danang, Vietnam
- RALLY ENDS: Hanoi, Vietnam
- ACCESS: Via Danang, Vietnam
- ROADS CONDITION: 90% Asphalt, 10% dirt roads. Amazing scenery guaranteed!
- CAR SHIPPING DATES: Mid-September 2019
- CARS: Pre-war - Vintage - Classic cars until 1973
- NUMBER OF CARS: Limited to 25 cars